Visiting Ngapali Beach brings a unique opportunity for the guests to interact with the local communities while indulging themselves in the Resort's comforts and the beauty of its natural surroundings.
All the sport and recreational activities at disposal of the tourists are meant to be in total harmony with both the environment and the local people, who are the ones the Resorts refer to for sightseeing trips.
An example of activities the Sandoway team may assist you with is the following:
- bicycles available at the Resort that can be used for sightseeing the neighboring villages of Mya Pin
- rent a local taxi to visit the market in Thandwe and its 3 pagodas overlooking the river
- witness the morning activities of the fishermen from Jaketaw village, at 10 min walking distance on the beach from the Resort
- experience a unique boat trip with local fishermen and discover the coast while fishing and taking a break for some snorkeling
- navigate the Thandwe river with a local boat to discover life away from the coastal area
- a “rustic” 9 holes golf course is also available for those who would like to have fun and play in a more unconventional golf setting